This position is part of the Operations team that administers the TOSS infrastructure and services delivered to our customers. This position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the TOSS Network and Windows Systems environment, taking ticket escalations from the Helpdesk, and completing project work for our customers.
- Daily monitoring and management of the TOSS network infrastructure which includes public carrier network connections, Virtual Private Network connections and internal IP networks within our offices and data centers.
- Management and ownership to resolve cases in the queue, Includes direct assignments and escalations from the Helpdesk.
- Develop capacity planning guidelines for the network and systems infrastructure and services.
- Analyze management tool information for services, then develop recommendations and implement them.
- Documentation of maintenance procedures for TOSS services and training Operational team members on the maintenance of these services.
- Create design changes and implement them to improve network reliability and performance.
- Monitoring and management of VoIP infrastructure which includes routers, switches, servers and carrier circuits.
- Daily monitoring and management of the TOSS computing infrastructure which includes Windows Domain Controllers, Windows application servers, and servers supporting messaging and IP Telephony.
- Monitoring and management of MS SQL database maintenance and backup plans.
- Administer and maintain Windows file and print services, user accounts and MS Exchange email accounts.
- Perform project installation and upgrade work in the area of network, servers, applications or workstation installation.
- Complete customized project work for customers as defined by Scoping and Consulting agreements.
- Other work and responsibilities as requested by the VP of Engineering.
- Position may require any of the above work to be performed after hours and on weekends to resolve service outages or perform maintenance that requires system downtime.