Join our Award Winning Team
Summary of Position
The Network Engineer position will expand your existing skills while at the same time develop your business savvy. You will gain invaluable experiences: in people management and time management, team leadership, and client interactions, and in project management as project leader and implementer
- Support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting and upgrades of all IT systems or components.
- Assist with the planning, execution, monitoring and control of all engineering project related tasks and activities.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and complex problem resolution on escalated issues while monitoring and maintaining environment stability.
- Assist with storage allocation and support.
- Document software and system configuration.
- Design and setup a TCP/IP network including DNS, DHCP, and WINS.
- Design, implementation and configuration of a multi-office Microsoft Active Directory.
- Physically built and configured IBM/Dell/HP server equipment.
- Design, setup, and implementation of a highly available virtual environment using VMware.
- Design, setup, and implementation of a storage area network (NetApp, EMC or EqualLogic) on fibre channel or iSCSI.
- Design, setup, and implementation of a multi-site Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 email environment.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience with the following technology preferred
- Design and installation of VDI environments.
- Design and installation of legal application software.
- Design, setup, and implementation of a multi-site Document Management System (Autonomy or Worldox Products).
- Install equipment into server racks including cable management.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Be available for telephone or email support during the hours of Monday-Friday from 7:45AM-5PM.
- Open, continuously update, and close help desk tickets and pro-actively manage engineer’s tickets to timely resolution.
- Document and log client communications for purposes of accurate billing and documentation.
- Must be able to work closely and take direction from Management and Senior Engineers to resolve any issues.
- Must be able to work early mornings, late evenings or weekends as required or at least be available to.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Exceptional people skills required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience opening support tickets
- General break/fix technical skills
- Skills in all versions of Windows, Spam, Malware, Viruses, etc.
- Troubleshoot client issues / prioritize issues
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- OS Platforms: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server, (e.g. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 and 2012 a plus)
- A + certified or equivalent experience
- MCSE certification a plus
- Knowledge of Windows Server / Active Directory a plus
- Knowledge of remote access / WebEx
- Ability to rid Malware / Virus using industry standard utilities **
- Ability to troubleshoot basic PC networking issues (i.e. does PC have IP address, is email flowing, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot issue with common office productivity applications such as MS Office (versions 2010-2016)
- Knowledge of various PDA (iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.)
Major Plus (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Knowledge, experience with Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange
- Knowledge, experience with N-Central, Kaseya, or other RMM tool(s)
- Knowledge, experience with ConnectWise
- Knowledge, experience with whole disk encryption
- Knowledge, experience with Citrix / VDI
- Knowledge, experience with VPN
- Knowledge, experience with Firewall (Cisco, WatchGuard, SonicWALL, etc.)
- Knowledge, experience with mail flow / DNS records / spam blacklists
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field or the equivalent in experience.