Join OUR WINNING TEAM
Level-2 Support Engineer
Basic Requirements for This Role
- Be available for telephone or email support during the hours of Monday-Friday from 7:45AM-5PM.
- Open, continuously update, and close help desk tickets and pro-actively manage engineer’s tickets to timely resolution.
- Answer and return all client calls quickly and with courtesy.
- Create, monitor and print out daily and monthly Reports for CFO and engineers.
- Run numerous daily backup tests.
- Monitor incoming emails to be 100% sure that bad/unsafe emails are blocked & that good/safe emails are allowed thru.
- Respond to all incoming emails from clients appropriately and timely.
- Document and log client communications for purposes of accurate billing and documentation.
- Must be able to work closely and take direction from Management and Senior Engineers to resolve any issues.
- Perform internal projects/tasks as required.
- Must be able to work early mornings, late evenings or weekends as required or at least be available to.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria
- Exceptional people skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience opening support tickets.
- General break/fix technical skills.
- Skills in all versions of Windows, Spam, Malware, Viruses, etc.
- Skills on the server-side are a MAJOR PLUS.
- Create tickets / assign to engineers incoming calls if needed.
- Troubleshoot client issues / prioritize issues.
- Join daily engineering conference call.
- Monitor incoming emails in addition to phone calls for ticket / prioritization.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- OS Platforms: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server, (e.g. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 and 2012 a plus)
- A + certified or equivalent experience
- MCSE certification a plus
- Knowledge of Windows Server / Active Directory a plus
- Knowledge of remote access / Zoom
- Ability to rid Malware / Virus using industry standard utilities **
- Ability to troubleshoot basic PC networking issues (i.e. does PC have IP address, is email flowing, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot issue with common office productivity applications such as MS Office (versions 2010-2016)
- Knowledge of various PDA (iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.)
Major Plus but not required (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities with:)
- Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange
- N-Central, Kaseya, or other RMM tool(s)
- Whole Disk Encryption
- Citrix / VDI
- VPN technologies
- Firewalls (Cisco, WatchGuard, SonicWALL, Fortinet, Palo-Alto)
- Mail flow / DNS records / spam blacklists & whitelists